Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We will have a White Christmas!

I went out the 15th of December to finish up the Christmas shopping.  Tiffany had finished up her finals and was moving her stuff out of her apartment.  She's moving up to Logan for Spring semester.  We kept having snow storms that was dumping a lot of snow and the car that I was to drive back to Roosevelt didn't have snow tires.  I tried to leave Friday and then Saturday and finally Sunday I was able to leave.  It wasn't a fun ride back.  Going through Daniels and Strawberry was a white knuckle drive and I hate those kinds of driving on snow packed roads.  I finally got home and it started to snow Sunday night, all night long and on Monday morning we woke up to this!  It had snowed almost 18 inches in Pleasant Valley!  Everything was buried in the snow and it took all day long to dig us and my parents home out.  I haven't seen this much snow out here for a couple of years.  It was good packing snow, the kind that makes good snowmen.  It snowed most of the day Monday.  I was hoping that the snow wouldn't come until the middle of January, but there were too many people praying for a white Christmas and they got their wish.  It really looked pretty and white around here, but then the cold weather came with it.  On January 2, 2011, Roosevelt was the coldest spot in the whole nation, -31 degrees below zero.  Tyler was warmer than us and so was Alaska!  Got to love the Unitah Basin winters . . . Not!


 Trying to dig out the F150 from the snow.

What the backyard looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment