Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010 and Dale's birthday



I can't believe that it is Christmas time already again.  It seems like the year 2010 has flown by so fast.  Christmas at our house was very different.  Christmas Eve day Tiffany came down with a mean flu that
she caught from Luke Rasmussen.  She was so sick the whole day.  We were going to have a Christmas
Eve dinner, but changed that because Tiffany couldn't keep anything down.  I was hoping that Christmas
day would be better for her.  With only Dale, Tiffany and myself home, we watched a movie Toy Story
3 and then went to bed.  We even slept in.  That felt so good!  That has never happened before.  Tiffany
was feeling much better the next morning, so we decided to have a Christmas Dinner instead and invite
Grandma and Grandpa Tonks over so that they could talk to Tyler when he called around 5:00 p.m.
We opened up our gifts.  I can say it was the quietest Christmas we have ever had.  It was really different
not having Tyler here.  I really did miss him.  In the late afternoon we got out some games and played
Dairyopoly.  I think Dale had a great time.  He was winning at the game.  I'm glad he won, it was the first
time he ever got money in the Dairy business, even if it was play money.  Grandma and Grandpa came over.
We had the table set and getting ready to eat, when the phone rang, I looked on the caller ID and it said
LDS missionaries.  I answered the phone and it was so great to hear Tyler's voice.  He sounded so good.
It was the best part of Christmas this year to be able to talk to our son.  We talked for over and hour and
he got to say hi to everyone of us.  He is loving Cleveland and the Spanish people there.  He loves being a
missionary and said to tell all family members that he loves them and appreciates the letters he gets in the
mission field.  He also says that he appreciates the prayers in his behalf and to keep them coming.  So another
Christmas has come and gone and there will be one more without Tyler, but he is loving what he is doing.
The day after Christmas, Dale turned 52 years old.  Now he's the boss again for six months.  I had to leave and drive to Clearfield before the storm hit to babysit Kadence that week.  Tiffany took me to Heber and Valerie picked me up.  Dale and Tiffany were coming out on Wednesday to pick me up.
So Tiffany was in charge of making a birthday cake for her dad.  She did a great job and even took pictures of the event for me.  I'm glad she's around, I'm going to miss not seeing her as often when she moves to Logan.  She won't be coming home as often during the winter months.  It sure is a change in our lives to have our kids grown up and gone.  But we are getting a new grand-baby in June of 2011.  Jason and Alicia are expecting and that will be so much fun to add a new grand-baby to the family.  It's amazing how fast the time
is flying by.  I have found in these past two years that FAMILY is the most important thing in my life along with my good friends and the gospel.  I hope you all have had a wonderful year in 2010 as we have and look forward to a wonderful year in 2011.

 Bright eyed and bushy tailed!

 Opening gifts

 A new coat I can wear to special places.

 Mom really, do you have to take my picture this early?

 Dale winning at Dairyopoly.

 Christmas Dinner

Tyler's phone call that we had been waiting for
all day!  It was so good to hear his voice.

                                                                 Mom and Dad 2010

 Dale and Becky 2010

 Can't believe Dale is 52 years old!

 He had enough wind to blow out his candles!

Happy birthday Dale, we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment