Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 Goals

I thought that I would set a few goals for myself for 2011.  New Year resolutions sometimes don't work, so I'm calling them goals.  I want to de-clutter my house this year and get rid of stuff that we really don't use anymore.  This will take the whole year I'm afraid, but I have the whole year to do it.
Next, I want to become closer to my Savior.  Dale and I are reading the Book of Mormon together.  I would like to have it read by the end of this year.  I know that by reading the scriptures, you become closer to God.  Along with this, I want to attend the Temple as often as I can.  There you can feel the Lord's Spirit so strongly.  I have to admire Grandma Ruth, she attends the Temple pretty much every Wednesday over in Vernal.  What a wonderful example that is for me and her grandchildren.
I want to be able to visit my grand-babies and be able to play and spend time with them.  I'm hoping that we can do fun activities with our children this year.  We are not getting any younger and you better enjoy life while you can.
It's our 30th anniversary this year in July!  I can't believe it.  I want to be able to do something fun for this event.  Five years ago we went to Hawaii and that was a blast.  Not sure what to do on our 30th, but I will think of something.  Maybe we will get some oil money coming in!  One can only hope.
I think for now that is plenty to keep me busy for the year!  I have found that you just have to think positive to enjoy life.  Life is too short to be miserable.  I had a friend on facebook that loved life and the people she was around and her family.  She took care of Tyler by feeding him on Sunday's when he was in the Wooster Ohio area.  She also sent me pictures of Tyler which I appreciated very much.  Sadly this past December, she had a horrible accident and died before Christmas.  She also had a missionary daughter in California at the time.  I really miss her, even though I never personally met her, but you could tell that she loved her Savior and family and life and lived it to the fullest.  I want to be that type of person this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment