Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Pit

This is where I work when I'm not doing housework or yard work or running errands, or Mom things. This is on our farm ground. We found out we had shale when we noticed parrie dog holes with rocks around the opening. In 2006, we sold the Dairy cows and bought the Screener, Loader and Track hoe and Dump truck. So now we make lots of gravel, sand and drain rock to sell. This is the only good thing about a parrie dog. It showed us how to make money from our farming ground. I drive the Loader and move the product to the different piles. I don't load trucks. If I did, then I would be down there all the time. Dale runs the Track hoe, but he told me that I will have to learn how to operate it. Again taken out of my comfort zone. But if it brings in money to pay the bills, I guess we all have to leave our comfort zones once in a while.

Ready for work with my Hard Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment