Monday, April 6, 2009

New Calling

Three weeks ago, I got a call from Ed Winn on my cell phone. Didn't think much about it, until he said that a member of the Stake Presidency wanted to talk to us. I just asumed that Dale was going to get a new calling. Stake conference would be the following Sunday. When I told Dale that we were to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency, he said, "You're going to get a new job."
I told him that he was and he said," I know it's you because Ed Winn was trying to track you down." This really got my mind a spinning. I didn't think that they were reorganizing anything because they hadn't been in that long. Wednesday didn't come fast enough. Dale and I both showed up for our appointment. President Croizer asked me if I would accept the calling of 1st counselor to the Stake Relief Society President. I think my mouth was open. I told President Croizer that I had only been in my new calling in the ward not quite 3 months yet and wasn't comfortable yet, he just smiled and said that my Bishop said it was alright to have me do this calling so I said yes. I told him that I had never been in a stake calling before, and he told me that I would do a good job. I will be serving with Deanne Brighton the president, Joni Fitzgerald 2nd coun. and Lori Jo Womack secretary. We are all scared to death, but we will do the best job we can. I guess people will think I'm inactive at times when I will be attending other wards. So I guess you could say that I have been taken out of my comfort zone for a while. I'm not sure why I have this calling right now, but I'm sure that I will learn a lot from it and will get to know the sisters of our Stake better.

2 comments: