Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where has our summer gone?


Tyler's Graduation BBQ @ Grandma Ruth's
It rained for just a few minutes, but turned
out really nice. Good food!

Tiffany not wanting her picture taken, Tyler
pulling a face @ mom, Lance enjoying the
time left before his mission in Nebraska.

Well, it's almost over... that is Summer! School will be starting up this week and fall is in the air.
Last time I made a post was when Tyler graduated... where has the time gone? Tiffany came home this summer and worked changing the sprinklers for her dad. I must say she did an awesome job!
The hay really grew nice. Thanks Tiffany for all the hard work you did... we really appreciate it. She also helped Grandma Ruth and Sherrol getting ready for her class over @ Myton Elementary. Jason came out again this summer and helped his dad in the gravel pit. We made a lot of sand or should I say E-fill for the Moon Lake job. Thanks again Jason for all the hard work you did! Mom really appreciates it! Tyler will be a college student this fall! Wow our youngest a college student! Have to let that one sink in. Lance Haslem left on a mission to Nebraska on our 28th Anniversary! Way to go Lance... our thoughts and prayers are with you. Valerie had surgery on her nose in July.. she's doing good... I spent a few days helping her out.. I'm suprised that she didn't end up with two black eyes. My 2 little nephews came out for 2 weeks from Las Vegas and spent time out here on the farm. We had a blast! Fireworks, gathering ROCKS, going on hikes with Grandpa Tonks, playing with Dash, playing with Tiff and Ty, going to the Oquirrh Utah Temple Open House in West Jordan, Swimming with Tiff & Ty & Alexi and camping out in the tent in the back yard! Also had a Princess Birthday Party @ Aaron's new home in Vernal.. It was a fun day with the cousins... lots of princesses and little boys. Jeana and Wayne had their special princess born on June 13th. We are so glad that Kaelyn is growing and hanging in there. Also attended Jacob's baby blessing! What a cute little boy...and we got to see Adam before he had to leave us again for a while...Thanks Adam for helping make our Country safer...We appreciate all you do for us! Hope you have had a good summer...did yours fly by too? Here are some pictures... Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Becky. I haven't blog surfed in a while as things have been pretty busy out here in the sand box so this is the first I've seen this post.

    I've been thinking about you guys the last few days. In fact I even wrote a paper for an accounting class I'm taking about the farm and something called cost-volume-P analysis. I'd tell you what the P stood for but I can't remember if that tells you at all how well I did on the paper.

    All is well in the middle east. I miss being home and I even miss Texas. It's about time I think. They say we'll rotate out of here in late October but I'll believe it when I'm on the plane and the wheels are up.

    I hope you and Dale know how much of an influence you've had in my life (If not just to show that I didn't want to have to work that hard for my living) I greatly appreciate the opportunity to come out and work on your farm and learn all the things I did. It has made me a better person and you guys have done many wonderful things for me that I may have never mentioned to you before. So thank you.

    I've had three opportunities to fly over the farm since I became a pilot and each time it has brought a big smile to my face and many wonderful memories. I hope you know that I intend to purchase that farm from you some day - unfortunately Grandpa Dave wasn't around to talk my wife into sticking it out with me if I did something crazy like that but I guess that's just a risk I'll have to take.

    Please don't tell her, I want it to be a birthday surprise someday.

    Blue Skies,

    addie.

    ReplyDelete